MECH004a - HVAC system Operation and Maintenance3 days
This course exposes participants to an overview of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems used in industrial environments. HVAC systems provide comfortable living conditions. They are key piece of the infrastructure required to keep positive pressure within any building housing people. In an industrial setting they also must have detection systems to sense associated hazardous which could lead to potentially dangerous situations.
HVAC systems contain inherent and potential dangers which must make operations, monitoring and proper handling of maintenance extremely important. Participants of this course will gain an understanding of the major components and associated safety systems. Important elements such as heat transfer systems, ventilation and air conditioning operations will also be covered to provide participants with a complete understanding of the underpinnings of these systems.
The course commences with a review of psychrometric charts and then examines the factors that influence design choices, indoor air quality, load calculations and heating/ventilation and air-conditioning systems. Numerous tips and tricks taught throughout the course make it very practical and topical to your everyday applications.
Who should attend
Facility managers and engineers, mechanical engineers, maintenance and operations personnel, technicians and technologists.
By the end of this training course, participants will:
- Maintain and troubleshoot HVAC systems
- Understand and apply the psychrometic chart
- Design for good air quality
- Perform basic load calculations
- Initiate an effective inspection and maintenance program
- Reduce forced outages and prevent serious damage to HVAC equipment
- Provide an overview of the legislative requirements plus the essential steps and responsibilities for the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems
- Outline the technologies available for the efficient energy management using HVAC systems
- Introduction to HVAC
- HVAC thermodynamics
- Types of HVAC systems
- Requirements of Comfort Air Conditioning
- Variable Air Volume (VAV) Systems
- Duct design, Air Flow and its Distribution
- Insulation of Air-Conditioning Systems and Air-Conditioning Equipment
- Heating and Cooling Load Calculation Procedure
- Operation Objectives
- Packaged heating & air conditioning systems
- HVAC safety systems
- Safety, health and environment
- Installation, Commissioning, Operation, Testing and Maintenance
- Fault Finding and Troubleshooting and Green House Effect and Future Refrigerants
To enhance learning effectiveness, hand on experience will be emphasised in this programme through role-plays in class presentation, group facilitation and class critique.
Case studies, group discussions and video support will also be used to enhance learning experience. Fun quizzes will be injected to provide formative assessment and a fun learning environment.
Location & Date
Tuition fees include
Learn, improve and share new skills with the best instructors
Make your professional network wider, meeting new people of your area
VARIETY OF TOP LOCATIONS
Choose the best venue with big variety of locations of courses
Acquire professional knowledge and experience that are relevant today
ENJOY YOUR TIME
Enjoy your time with our cultural programs
IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE
Master your profession and show your competitiveness