HRMT010 - Modern Competency-Based Recruitment2 days
Ensure you recruit talent with the right capabilities, skills and behaviors, using good practice procedures in order to meet business needs, with this vital five-days Modern Competency-Based Recruitment course. This course will enhance participants’ skills, knowledge and confidence in recruiting and selecting the right team member for the job using the competency based recruitment techniques such as interview and Assessment and Development Centre.
This practical course enable delegates to manage all aspects of the recruitment, selection and resourcing process including management of the Assessment or Development Centre from creating an internal policy through to validating the outcomes of the Centre itself.
Who should attend
This course is ideal for HR practitioner or manager who conduct interview where you can practice the interview process, objectively evaluate interview evidence and also ideal for senior executive who is involved in the final steps of the recruitment and selection process.
By the end of this training course, participants will:
- Use competencies to develop and structure effective interview guides
- Assess the advantages and limitations of a competency based approach to recruitment
- Define competency requirements in a way that could be used in recruitment
- Utilise appropriate tools to support interview evidence to enhance the objectivity of recruitment decisions
- Apply a structured methodology as an effective questioning and data gathering tool to enhance their ability to capture the evidence they need to make well informed decisions
- Systematically evaluate information gathered from a competency based interview
- Identify the key challenges and pit-falls associated with interviews that block effective decision making and how to avoid them
- Structure an Assessment Center based on competence
- Design and manage a successful Assessment or Development Centre
- Choose appropriate exercises and associated instrumentation and create a Competency-Exercise Matrix
- Design an overall Centre timetable and build appropriate Participant, Assessor and Role player schedules
- Identify the resources required to run an effective Assessment or Development Centre.
- The recruitment and selection process key elements
- Equal opportunities and dealing with subjectivity, diversity and good practice
- Major legal issues in recruitment and selection
- Job descriptions and person specifications
- What are competencies, competency frameworks and how they benefit the organisation and their people
- What difference it may make to the way you attract and select staff
- Examples of competencies
- Links to the business, the culture and HRM/HRD systems
- Framing your competency framework for recruitment
- Advertising for competent people
- How to select or create competency-based assessments
Structuring competency based interviews
- Format and techniques of a competency based interview
- Preparing the candidate for a competency based interview
- Time and structure needed to explore each competency
- Use of competency based interview guide
Acquiring evidence – questioning & listening skills
- Identifying, recording and judging evidence of competence
- Questioning methods
- Handling candidate responses to questions
- Observing candidate behaviours and recording responses
- Summarising candidate responses
Making the selection decision
- Evaluating and rating evidence
- Using a rating scale
- Recommending the next stage in the selection process
Introduction to Assessment and Development Centre
- What is an Assessment and Development Centre?
- Vocabulary used at the Centre: Assessor, Observer, Administrator, Wash-up etc.
- Introductory reliability and validity for Assessment & Development Centre
- The Business Case for Assessment & Development Centre
Designing Assessment & Development Centre
- Job Analysis
- Competency Frameworks
- Designing Exercises
- Data Storage and Confidentiality Issues.
- Evaluating the Assessment or Development Centre
- Practical Exercise: Design an entire Assessment or Development Centre from Scratch
To enhance learning effectiveness, hand on experience will be emphasised in this programme through role-plays in class presentation, group facilitation and class critique.
Case studies, group discussions and video support will also be used to enhance learning experience. Fun quizzes will be injected to provide formative assessment and a fun learning environment.
Location & Date
Tuition fees include
Learn, improve and share new skills with the best instructors
Make your professional network wider, meeting new people of your area
VARIETY OF TOP LOCATIONS
Choose the best venue with big variety of locations of courses
Acquire professional knowledge and experience that are relevant today
ENJOY YOUR TIME
Enjoy your time with our cultural programs
IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE
Master your profession and show your competitiveness