PRME009 - Project Management5 days
Project Management is a 5-day practical course with workshops that enables project teams to achieve world-class project performance and thereby improve profitability of the company. Industry benchmarking has shown a big gap in cost, schedule and operability between best and worst projects with a major impact on the total cost of ownership over the life of the asset. In today’s competitive business environment this can mean a difference between a profitable company and the one that becomes a takeover target.
This course has been designed to address management of limited and scarce capital resources for consistent world-class project performance. It begins with a project development and execution process and describes activities, deliverables and organization required to effectively manage these projects. Emphasis is placed on front-end loading where a multi-functional team defines and freezes the scope of work prior to full funding.
Who should attend
Project managers, project leaders, project coordinators, project administrators, program managers, functional managers, and project team members who are responsible for or involved with initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and/or closing of projects with an emphasis on energy facilities.
By the end of this training course, participants will:
- Manage the selection and initiation of individual projects and of portfolios of projects in the enterprise;
- Conduct project planning activities that accurately forecast project costs, timelines, and quality. Implement processes for successful resource, communication, and risk and change management;
- Demonstrate effective project execution and control techniques that result in successful projects;
- Conduct project closure activities and obtain formal project acceptance;
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of ethics and professional responsibility;
- Demonstrate effective organizational leadership and change skills for managing projects, project teams, and stakeholders.
Project Management’s Impact on the Bottom Line
- Improve Return on Capital Employed (ROCE) and Total Shareholder Return (TSR).
Project Development and Execution Process
- IDENTIFY and Assess Business Opportunity;
- SELECT from Alternatives;
- DEVELOP Preferred Alternative for Full Funding;
- EXECUTE Detail Design, Procurement and Construction;
- OPERATE and Evaluate.
Value Improving and Best Practices
Decision and Risk Analysis
- Decision Hierarchy;
- Strategy Table;
- Influence Diagram;
- Tornado Diagram;
- Decision Tree;
Project Execution Planning (PEP)
- Defining the Vision of Success (Business Goals, Project Objectives and Drivers and Scope of Work);
- Defining the Strategy for Success (Management Level Plan, Risk Management Plan, Organization Plan, Contracting Plan, Best Practices Implementation Plan and Team Performance Management Plan);
- Defining the Tools for Success (Time Management Plan, Cost Management Plan, Quality Management Plan, Safety and Environmental Management Plan, Materials Management Plan and Communications Management Plan).
Value Improving and Best Practices (continued)
Value Improving Practices by IPA
- Technology Selection;
- Well Definition and Design;
- Classes of Plant Quality;
- Constructability Reviews;
- Design-to Capacity;
- Process Reliability Modeling;
- Traditional Value Engineering;
- Peer Review;
- Pre-Funding Assessment;
- Post Project Assessment;
- Business Evaluation.
Total Cost Management
- Net Present Value (NPV);
- Rate of Return (ROR).
- Estimate Types and Methods;
- Allowance, Contingency and Accuracy;
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
Planning and Scheduling
- Plan Versus Schedule;
- Critical Path Schedule;
- Resource Planning.
Contracting and Procurement
- Lump Sum Contracts;
- Reimbursable Contracts;
- Incentive Contracts;
- Partnering / Alliances.
- Earned Value Concept.
Cost Control and Forecasting
To enhance learning effectiveness, hand on experience will be emphasised in this programme through role-plays in class presentation, group facilitation and class critique.
Case studies, group discussions and video support will also be used to enhance learning experience. Fun quizzes will be injected to provide formative assessment and a fun learning environment.
Tuition fees include
Learn, improve and share new skills with the best instructors
Make your professional network wider, meeting new people of your area
VARIETY OF TOP LOCATIONS
Choose the best venue with big variety of locations of courses
Acquire professional knowledge and experience that are relevant today
ENJOY YOUR TIME
Enjoy your time with our cultural programs
IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE
Master your profession and show your competitiveness